Friday, September 3, 2010

La Mia Casa

Well everybody, here it is. I have finally started my blog. First of all, I'd like to say welcome! I'm so excited about sharing this adventure with all of you. God has been so good to me as my family and friends have helped prepare me for this.

I flew into Scandicci on Tuesday and Debbie and Emily Woodroof and Danielle picked me up at the airport. It was so nice of them, they even had a sign!  And of course what is the first thing you do when you get to Italy? Well, we stopped at Gelatando, one of the best gelato places according to some, and got some gelato. I got a tour of the Bible School and here are some pictures of my room.

From the door
From the window
Outside my room
And then we had a little get together at the house Emily was taking care of and I met even more people. It was so fun and they were kind enough to keep me up so jet lag wasn't so bad. 


I've gotten settled in and a few more people have come to the Bible School since I've been here, Allen Cochran and Andrea Gallman.  And today we went into Florence! My first time! I saw where I'm going to be going to language school and got to see the Duomo and it was beautiful! I'll put pictures of that up later. I think that's all for now but I'm glad to be here and I am looking forward to starting language school on Monday!

1 comment: