Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stairs...

Today, with the language school, I went to the Boboli Gardens. It was beautiful but as the title says, there were a ton of stairs! (but the stairs made me not feel as bad about the gelato I had right before.)


 I am currently in my second week of language school at Lorenzo di Medici and it is going so well. As of Monday, the team(minus Peter) has arrived and is enrolled in class.  Our teachers are Michela first and then Enzo, 2 hours each.  We've all learned a lot already and according to David, we're improving every day. They taught us how to order a coffee (yes a coffee and not some coffee) so I think we will all be able to survive in Italy.


This past weekend we had a youth gathering at the Bible School and it was so much fun! We played pictionary and cards and translated "In Christ Alone" into Italian.  Saturday we went into Florence and saw the Duomo, and had a picnic at Piazzale Michelangelo. Everyone seemed to have a great time and I know we all started  relationships that will continue to grow.

I realize I haven't introduced you to my team, but for times sake, I'm going to refer to one of there blogs that has a brief bio and picture for each of us. There names are Ryan and Laura Stephens, Eric and Jessica Smith, Andrea Gallman and Peter McGraw.  Avanti Team 2010. This is a link to Ryan and Laura Stephens blog with the bios.

God is so good and, as always, continues to bless my life in new and unexpected ways. More updates to come soon about training, our meet and greet tomorrow night with our students, and more language school adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Angela! I loved reading your blog and hearing about your time so far! I saw a picture of you and your team yesterday in the McInteer after missions chapel. I made me miss you! But I am so excited for you and this journey that is just beginning!

    Love you, Alyson

    ReplyDelete